Decorative Plumbing

-- it has to have some purpose, right?

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Email and other (in)fertile news

Let's summary what has happened so far today:
I was just informed (via email, of course) that I was awarded about a million or so English pounds in some surprise and obscure lottery that I didn’t even know I participated in. Isn’t that fantastic? I didn’t even have to buy a ticket?! Oh, goody, I will have loads of money to pay for all the medication that I am currently waiting for. What a relief. (If only, right? It would be soooo fabulous, would it not. sigh.)

And if that wasn’t enough good email news. I also learned that I could get a genuine university degree (BA, MA, MBA, or Ph.D) in just 2-4 weeks, without studying. Oh, my! Can you imagine my possibilities? But then I remembered. I already have a Ph.D.. And see where it got me so far (still at home, trying to build a family…). Not even considering all the years I worked, studied, and researched for it. If I had only known. But I am seriously thinking of getting another (maybe this time, all I have to do is sit on my couch. Lovely thought). It’s nice to have two, you know?

The next email, unfortunately, was of the “we have news variety.” You guessed right. Somewhere in the middle of the email, it said “oh, and we just had a baby yesterday.” You know, dear internet, having a baby is really no big deal. Making one even less so. Having a bit of sex, spiced with a bit of passion, 9 months of blissful baby-baking, and voila, baby is out. Hardly noticed it. Infertile ID is proposing sending out an email saying “we have news, too! I’m shooting drugs up my ass!.” And yes, my superego is happy for the fortunate parents.

Other less spectacular news includes a marital dispute, fueled by…, oh I forgot. It had something to do with ordering drugs. The fertility kind. After much hubbub they’re supposed to come today. We’ll see.

Scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home