Decorative Plumbing

-- it has to have some purpose, right?

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

SIF nightmare

Yesterday afternoon I was attending a good-bye "kaffeeklatsch" for a great friend who is going to move back overseas. This "kaffeeklatsch" was organized by all us mothers who send our toddler kids to the same preschool on Monday afternoons. These are all very kind women. I enjoy their company.

Many of these women have second kids, most of these babies. Naturally the conversation evolved around babies and having (more) children. Not surprisingly I think, I didn’t participate. I was doing alright but having just gone through a failed IVF cycle (and still bleeding away my two cupcakes as well as thousands of dollars), it cost me some effort to keep my composure.

Until a well-meaning friend, who just wanted to integrate me into the conversation (bless her heart, I really mean it) directly addressed me: “so, do you want another one?”

Good-bye composure, hello sobfest.

1 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment to my blog. Ugh- I hate those questions. And everyone is having seconds and thirds, its a rough world out there. Do these moms know, or was it just people who are casual acquaintances?

I'm sorry about your failed IVF. It sucks, it all sucks... Good luck thinking through next steps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home