Decorative Plumbing

-- it has to have some purpose, right?

Thursday, August 17, 2006

“…because birth control is the last thing you want to worry about.”

(read in an add in a parenting magazine while at the ophthalmologist to discuss my newest medical curiosity, macular sucker, ahem, pucker. That’s a retinal disease, apparently caused by faulty genetics and aging. ‘nough said)

Birth control IS the last thing I worry about. But is that what I wanted? Hell no. I wish I had to. I desperately wish I had to.

I do worry about my period though. It’s getting progressively lighter and lighter again. A reasonable guess is that the uterine adhesions have returned. Asherman’s is fucking with my body again. Of all the reproductive shortcomings, I think I have the hardest time with Asherman’s. Why? It was caused by a fucking c-section with uterine rupture and infections.* Nothing fun to begin with. But apparently that’s how life operates: once on the road of sickness, sickness has a tendency to multiply. It’s like the rich get richer and the poor poorer. It seems to be universal law. Quite evident on infertility island. Had I had a nice, uncomplicated vaginal birth, I wouldn’t have to worry about blocked fallopian tubes and thin uterine lining** (not to mention that I could still dream about more than two children, something that the uterine rupture apparently put an end to). Ups, was there a kernel of bitterness surfacing?

I wish I still had to worry about birth control.

______________
* I consider myself "fortunate" to have got Asherman's from a c-section that gave me my beautiful daughter rather than from any other possible scenario .
* * I understand that vaginal births may carry their own undesirable after-effects, like pain with intercourse. Doesn’t sound like fun either.

3 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger DD said...

Birth control? I have no idea what that is...

I don't know what to say about the c-section. I'm just glad when I had mine that I was completely ignorant to what could go wrong.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I've seen that ad, and the billboards touting "Pregnant? Scared? Nowhere to turn? We can help". Someday I'm going to graffitti my own number on there and buy me a baby.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger kati said...

I also like the "pregnant? we can help" adds. I always feel the urge to contact them to ask them how they will be able to help me get pregnant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home