Decorative Plumbing

-- it has to have some purpose, right?

Friday, May 19, 2006

Broken legs and broken uteri

Today I saw the Healer. He was surprised that I even managed to have one child given the desolate state of my reproductive plumbing. According to him, my reproductive plumbing was under some serious stress. Not the mental kind, but physical stress/trauma. If he’s right my left ovary has woken up from its comatose state and my blocked fallopian tube is halfway open. I want to believe this. Oh, how I want to believe this. I have to admit that I felt quite optimistic after my session that maybe, maybe there is a second child for us. I even could look at pregnant bellies afterwards, smile and think, I’ll get there. I will. And I was tempted to postpone our IVF plans a little bit to give the “natural” pregnancy a chance after things have been set (pulled) right in my pelvic area (and legs and wherever things just were a little off in my body due to previous accidents. Legs and reproductive plumbing have apparently a lot to do with each other and I once had broken my right leg). Plus, a summer without ART would actually be quite nice. Almost relaxing. The Healer wasn’t too thrilled with my plans to have another lap (IVF) anyway. He seriously thinks I won’t need that.

This euphoria has worn a little bit and I came back to planet earth. However, I still want to believe so badly that my chances of a natural pregnancy or if not that, then at least my chances of more (and better quality) eggs during IVF have now improved significantly. And I am still seriously thinking of postponing our IVF plans.

Now if I could get my RE to just do another HSG for free (of course), I would at least know whether that sweet fallopian tube of mine has indeed recovered a bit…

I guess, we will see. According to my “source” he’s helped quite a number of women achieve pregnancy when western medicine wasn’t quite so successful. Oh, it would be so nice to be one of them, wouldn’t it? We shall see, lovely internet, we shall see.

So, to sum up my experience today: I am a bit more hopeful and that is something. That is something, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home