Decorative Plumbing

-- it has to have some purpose, right?

Friday, August 04, 2006

Birthday News

I spoke too soon: infertility intruded my dreams last night and I woke up feeling already beaten on...

my birthday! Yep, I turned 36 years today. Of course, I look like 26(unfortunately only if I look into the mirror without glasses, but still...). This morning I realized that if somebody had told me on my 26. Birthday that I'd be mother, a wife, a homeowner, and a Ph.D. 10 years later, I would have thought "not too shappy!".

Now, don't get me wrong, I still reserve the right to bitch about my infertility, at least on my blog, but for now I will take joy in all the people and things and accomplishments that I am fortunate to have in my life. Who knows how long I manage to do that...

Happy Birthday!

5 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger DinosaurD said...

Happy Birthday!
If I waited for my husband to come home, I could also say it in German - although he cautions me that he has the German vocabulary and grammer of a small child.
Here, even though you can't hear it, I will sing a short rendition of "Happy Birthday to You" - even though it's a pretty ghastly song (especially the way I sing).

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger kati said...

Thanks DinoD!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger DD said...

Poop. I missed your birthday?

Is it OK if I wish you a Happy Belated Birthday? I guess you get to celebrate being 36 for a whole 'nother 363 days so is it ever too late?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger kati said...

DD, thanks to you, too!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a spectacular year ahead. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home