Decorative Plumbing

-- it has to have some purpose, right?

Sunday, May 07, 2006

You will have luck in the summer

…said one of the three fortune cookies I opened yesterday. “Ah!” I am thinking “that’s good news for our IVF!”. The next one –appropriately- said “You will have a large family” “Ah!” I am thinking, “that’s even better news for our IVF!”. The last one –mysteriously- said “good news from afar bring you a welcome visitor.” “Hm” I am thinking “how does that one fit in?”

There are two reasonable explanations that came to my mind: (1) our large family is going to be built on international adoption and our next child is conceived this summer in a far away country or (2) I am going to be contacted by my friends, the far away aliens, who take pity on me once again* to get pregnant. Given that we are not seriously considering adoption as a means to expand our family, (2) must be it, don’t you think?

I love fortune cookies!

* given all the less than favorable evidence that we have now about my reproductive system, I have deducted that Miss V.’s conception must have been the result of alien interventions. But, psssss, don’t tell Mr. H.

2 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger DD said...

Yes, the aliens. Thanks for pointing that out with me because then Mr. DD won't start thinking maybe there was an affair that produced X. Fortunately, the aliens did a great job making sure X looked EXACTLY like Mr. DD to throw off any suspicion.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger kati said...

they are smart those aliens, aren't they? thank goodness, Miss V has Mr. H dark, dark eyes, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home