Decorative Plumbing

-- it has to have some purpose, right?

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Request Denied

The battle is over, the war is lost. I've given it everything that i could and still it wasn't enough.

I now know how this place feels like, this place devoid of hope. For there is no hope for me left to ever get pregnant again, much less carry another baby to term. Apparently you can throw a football team of embryos in my uterus and they all prefer dying over living. I hope that at least for the few days I was allowed to carry them around with me they had some fun times? Or did meeting Santa scared them to death, literally that is?

I didn't think I would ever say it but I think I would have fared better had I actually lost my uterus at Miss V birth, instead of being left mended with a severly broken one. Then at least I could have honored the shitty piece. Right now I 'd like to tore it out together with the useless pieces of shit that are my ovaries and fallopian tubes and unceremonyously dump them in the trash.

These last two years I dedicated solely to bringing another child into this world, but no matter what I tried, no matter how much I pushed myself with numerous surgeries and IVFs, I was not only denied every single time, the news was always mediocre to downright horrible. And yet I picked myself up again and again in the hope that in the end there would be, even for me, some good news for a change.

How do you heal from a ride like this? How do I mend my broken heart? How do I manage to pick up the pieces this time? I have no idea.

I am going to Germany tomorrow for a couple of weeks. I am not sure I will continue this blog afterwards. There is nothing for me to say that I haven't said before. And I truly have reached the end of my journey. We all have a limit, and I have reached ours. What I am going to say next is probably something that most of you wouldn't understand, but I would have preferred a miscarriage over this crushing negative. While I believe (though not know) a miscarriage would have devasteted me even more, it would not have killed hope so completely like this negative did. Through the course of these last two years, I slowly learned that my ovaries are eaten up by endometriomas, my uterus handicapped by Asherman's, and my fallopian tubes broken (due to endometriosis and Asherman's). IVF was our only chance for a pregnancy and yet again, my body didn't get beyond implantation. It's a hurdle I no longer have hope to jump over. A miscarriage would have at least kept that hope alive. But along with the embryos, hope died.

We all know that not everyone of us gets the happy ending. I now have to learn how to continue, how to find happiness despite. It's possible, I am sure, we all are, but I didn't want to find out.

Lovely internet, good luck with fighting your own battles, your own wars. May there be a happy ending for you.

This sucks so much.

12 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger DD said...

Dear, sweet, Kati. I am so sorry that it hurts so much you feel a physical ache in every part of your body. You feel as if you have done everything that you could and to find out that your body has, as you stated in your title, denied your request, is the ultimate betrayal.

You have my support no matter what you decide to do, even if it's nothing, for as long as you need it.

Again, I'm sorry and I'll be thinking of you both.

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Kati, I wish there was something more to say than just that I'm so very, very sorry to hear your news. I'm staring at the screen, hoping to find some words for you, but I know there is no comfort to be found in them after such a primal loss. Just know that I'm here if you need anything. I'm so sorry.

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I just can't believe you've been through all this. Why does it have to be so hard?

Even if you don't continue the blog, please let us know how you are doing when you get back from Germany and whether time away has helped to heal some of this pain. Please? I'm worried about you and I hope you are okay. Maybe okay is too much to ask for, but at least surviving?

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger DinosaurD said...

Kati, I'm so sorry. I hope this is the worst of it and what follows now is easier than the last two years (which still might not be saying much I know).
Maybe the hardest work starts now but if so, I have faith you'll get through it (and faith isn't a word I use often).
If you ever make it up to Vancouver, I would drop my anonymity for a visit but I would probably cry if I saw you so you might want to just skip it.
Please try to take care of yourself.
DinoD

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger SWH said...

I know that sorry doesn't really cover it. The loss of hope is the last horrific straw in this struggle. I hate it that you got to that point.

I hope you can find ways to help yourself find things that are good in your life. I guess that is the next version of hope...

Many hugs

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

Kati, you have been through so much and I totally understand why it just feels like now is the time to quit. I hope that the time in germany is restorative. We will miss you.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger TeamWinks said...

I don't know you, and it's my first time here. However, if I could I would wrap my arms around you and give you a great big hug. I'm so sorry for your negative.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger beagle said...

The details of my story are different but the outcome sounds painfully familiar.

I'm visiting via DD.

I just wanted to tell you how very sorry I am.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Josie said...

Reading your post made me so sad, know ing that this horrible reality called IF treated you so badly. I am so sorry your reached your personal limit and that your journey has been so painful.

I am very, very sorry.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Sami said...

I hate that your body has betrayed you... and I am sorry for your pain. I wish that I had something more to say to help or even do... I'm sorry and I'm thinking of you.

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kati, I'm so terribly, terribly sorry. That is so sad, so devastating. I hope your trip to Germany helps to make things just a little easier, though I realize that's a very tall order. Ich drück dich, meine Liebe, and if you want to get in touch during your trip (I don't know if you'll be near me, or if you'll be feeling a desire to talk) please drop me a line, and I'll give you my contact details.

How I wish this had turned out for you.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Jbeeky said...

Kati,
I am beyond sorry. That is fucking awful. I wish I could do something to make you feel better, I really do. I hope you keep blogging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home