Decorative Plumbing

-- it has to have some purpose, right?

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

CD1

It's over. Not that it was a surprise. The pregnancy test yesterday evening still shows a faint, very faint second line, suggesting that at some point an embryo made contact. But now it's gone.

I am sad but I am also thankful. It may be difficult to understand but this little ninja embryo has given me a lot. I felt "alive" for a little while. It still amazes me that there was a second, pink line. It's all I have from this embryo.

Surgery is still an option. For a second there I was hoping I didn't have to do it, but that would have been to good to be true, right?

8 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kati, I hope this isn't the wrong thing to say but I can't help but be a little blown away that you had an egg make it through your (dysfunctional?) tubes, fertilize and then implant through the endometriomas and Asherman’s (otherwise you wouldn't have had the second pink line faint or otherwise). It would give me a lot of hope from the little egg that could. I hope there is more of them (with surgery or without).
DinoD

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sorry- it sucks when you're tempted by hope like that. THinking of you...

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger kati said...

DinoD, it's so not the wrong thing to say to me. Seriously, I'm blown away, too. I am not sure if the embryo actually made it into my uterus, I am still thinking tube. But even so, my ninja embryo gave me a spark of hope.

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry--having that hope yanked away is painful.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ninja embryos rock.

My rabbi says that there are blessings all around us, in almost every event. It's up to us to see them - you saw it right away. I'm sad that today's CD1 for you, but happy that you found the blessing.

Keep fighting - maybe that's what ninja embryo had to say.

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kati, I'm just catching up now. I am so stunned and so very sorry at your news.

"Ninja embryo" made me smile. How I wish it had been able to stay.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Jbeeky said...

I know what you mean. At least things are going, right? I thought about that with my miscarriage too. Here's hoping it is behind both of us.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Jbeeky said...

Just stopping by to tell you I check your site to see how you are. I hope you are doing well and would love to hear from you on your blog. We miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home