Decorative Plumbing

-- it has to have some purpose, right?

Saturday, November 17, 2007

"Baby Alive"

I watched a commercial yesterday that was advertising a doll called "Baby Alive." Oh, goodie, I thought, maybe I should put it on my Christmas list?

Miss V by the way named our demised ninja "Emma". She is sure that it was a girl.
Have I mentioned before how glad I am to have Miss V? She's my light. There is something so refreshing about how a four year old deals with a miscarriage.

A couple of weeks ago, when I started feeling shitty and changed my eating habits, she constantly asked me what was wrong with me. I finally told her that there might be a little baby growing inside of me. I told her that I couldn't promise that there would really be a baby in the end, but that I was hoping it very much.

So, when she saw how sad i was last Thursday, I told her that the doctor had told me that the little baby inside of me was too sick and had died. I further told her that I was very sad about it. Miss V looked at me sadly and said "she was very sad, too" and she let me hug her (she is usually not so into the hugging). Then she looked at me and started to ask all those curious questions about why the baby had died. In the end she decided that "ah, well, maybe there will be another baby" (to which Mr H answered, well, we'll keep trying...) , oh, and cheerfully announced while walking back to her toys, that tomorrow, she would tell her preschool teacher that "my baby died." I am sure her teacher enjoyed that conversation. It's funny, it doesn't hurt me at all to talk to Miss V about the doomed ninja.

I haven't started bleeding yet. And my bo*bs still hurt. And can I tell you something that may sound weird? I think I will feel so empty when they finally remove our little ninja. Apparently, I prefer even carrying a dead ninja to an empty uterus. Sad, isn't it? But I guess, it will get easier to let go of my dream then.

2 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger DD said...

I remember so vividly when I came home from the D&C after Vivienne died how I just touched my bloated stomach and felt...hollow.

Miss V. is certainly a gorgeous and rare gem and their care is completely sincere w/o an agenda and that's probably why it doesn't hurt (as much) when we talked to our children.

Again, Kati, I am so terribly sorry for your loss and I hope your husband takes extra special care of you today, even though I'm sure he's pretty good at it most days.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger DinosaurD said...

Believe it or not, I was shopping yesterday and bumped into the "Baby Alives". All I can say is that they are very scarey (bad eyes) and that I truly wish for one of the real life ones for you.

It does help having a little one around (such as Miss V) - even through miscarriages. My son kept asking during the last pregnancy "will this baby work?" We tried to keep most of the miscarriages from him but he knew something was generally up and we eventually told him that we were trying to have a baby but that it wasn't working. We meant that the pregnancy wasn't working but he took it to mean that the baby formed but just didn't work right. You have to love kids, eh?

I'll be thinking of you today Kati and I hope everything goes smoothly. This seems like such an asinine thing to say but I trust you understand the intent.

This just makes me so damn sad.

DinoD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home