Decorative Plumbing

-- it has to have some purpose, right?

Friday, March 21, 2008

Memory of sunshine

Hm, I still remember the sunshine. Which is a good thing, particularly after I checked the weather forecast for this lovely city of mine.

Hawaii was, well, Hawaii! We stayed at a one of those big, fancy hotels on Maui, albeit in the cheap basement rooms, right next to the village doctor's waiting room, the hallway. We had pool access from 6pm-8pm while the regular visitors were off to dining*. But that's okay, because I prefer the ocean anyway. Plus, I actually went swimming in the pool once and I had it all to myself! I got some snorkeling done and saw some colorful fish. And whales!!! Unfortunately, the corals which I remember being very colorful from my last visit were drained of color. Maybe it's just a cycle thing.

Speaking of cycle: the last couple of days I was a bit worried I would get my period too soon (and right in the middle of the ocean...oh, are you a shark?), but it behaved this cycle. I did get it on our last day. Now, of course, I was hoping I wouldn't get it at all , but when have I ever conceived with the help of meds (what, I didn't tell you I took Letrozole and had three, well, two follicles growing????)??? To be honest, for a couple of hours I felt a bit down, despite the beautiful surroundings.

Now, we're back in Seattle. But the memory of sunshine will hopefully be with me for a while longer...

__________
* kidding. We were also permitted to dip our toys into the pool around 1pm...

EDIT:
DinoD, thanks for your comment! And you are completely right: we have some beautiful sunshine here this afternoon?! Sure, didn't look like it this morning.

3 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed yourself and weren't kicked out for using the pool. Sorry about no conception but I'm glad you didn't become shark bait either.
Isn't today nice where you are? This past week hasn't been great but it's nice here today. Well.. we did have some rain this morning but some actual sun as well!
DinoD

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Erin said...

It sounds like it was a wonderful trip, unwanted period on the last day notwithstanding. I hope that you are having lovely weather now at home, because that would certainly make having to come home a little bit easier. A very little bit easier ;-)

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Jbeeky said...

Hawaii is a great elixer for what ails. I am glad you feel a bit better. I am thinking of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home