Decorative Plumbing

-- it has to have some purpose, right?

Monday, March 10, 2008

Sadness and happiness in SIF

A good friend of mine was recently diagnosed with some uterine condition that makes it very difficult for her to get pregnant/stay pregnant. It cannot be operated upon and her RE basically told her to forget about pregnancy. This diagnosis came as a big surprise because, you see, she has a daughter and had no problems getting and staying pregnant with her. Her daughter apparently implanted in the only possible spot.

A few short months after the final RE verdict, she discovered she was pregnant again. I was very optimistic for her because, after all, I am the one with bad luck (the ones around me seem to be doing just fine - or so I think in my self-pity). I was, unfortunately, so wrong. She, too, miscarried at 10 weeks. The doctors believe this miscarriage has nothing to do with her uterine condition.

Life can be such a bitch sometimes.

Sometimes it grants great happiness after great sadness, though. My daughter's former toddler teacher Bella is ripe with her second child, after suffering a stillbirth and subsequent secondary infertility. She is so deliriously happy, it's a joy to see.

My two SILs are getting rounder, too. And me? I am off to Hawaii!

1 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kati, that's so very sad about your friend. Somehow, to have happiness dangled in front of you like that, only to have it yanked away... aber wem sag ich das?

I'm glad for Bella. And I wish you a wonderful time in Hawaii.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home