Decorative Plumbing

-- it has to have some purpose, right?

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Crank back in

hi, it's me again. Crank. Thanks so much for replying to my post!

As it turns out, the bleeding got worse (could have something to do with our procreational activity, but hey, what if this was a good egg?), so I called my doctor (who still thinks it could be normal) and made an appointment for Thursday. I would really like to know where the bleeding comes from.

I need to get another pap smear and already have an appointment for one in March (my usual pap smear person is on...maternity leave.). Since I have had trouble with pap smears before (in 2004), I am a bit afraid it's the cervix complaining. Argh.

I really would like a break in all things gynacological. A miscarriage is bad enough (as are infertility, endometriosis, IVFs, etc, etc. etc.), I don't need any other stress resulting from it. I just don't. I have the sickening feeling though that what I need or want has nothing to do with what I get.

Anyway, I am still cranky.

Have I mentioned before that re-caulking a shower stall does not alleviate crankiness????

3 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I'm glad you have an appointment on Thursday--spotting and bleeding are not good this long after a D&C. I hope your dr doesn't try to play that card again, and I hope you get some answers that come with less bleeding.

Re-caulking a shower doesn't sound like fun, but I have found that peeling wallpaper is extremely therapeutic. And destructive (which, of course, contributes to the therapeutic nature of it). Of course, it only works if you were planning on redoing the walls anyway.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Kath said...

Dear Kati, you have every right to be cranky. And re-caulking a shower would make me even grout-chier. (Forgive me; I love to torture people with bad puns.) I'm glad you have an appointment so soon, and I hope it brings you a bit of relief and clarity.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger DinosaurD said...

Dear Cranky, ah... I mean Kati
Your previous post didn't show up on my feeds until today - go figure. I hope you get all this spotting/ bleeding sorted out - bah, humbug (see? I can do cranky as well).
We are currently being inundated with snow - have you been having it down there? If I could, I would try to send you some (well, actually quite a lot) but I wouldn't want to make you crankier.
We kept our son back an extra year as he is a fall birthday and the cut-off here is December 31st. It's an easier decision to make with boys as they are seldom ready for kindergarten with either summer or fall birthdays. He has always been very shy and quiet and he wasn't very interested in doing the work to learn the alphabet and phonics so we definitely did the right thing.
DinoD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home