Decorative Plumbing

-- it has to have some purpose, right?

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

HSG #2: are the tubes open now?...

When we were driving back from the hospital this morning, after yet another HSG, I started to laugh. I really don't know what else to do anymore.

I tell you the good news first. Both my tubes spilled fluid today! The fact that my right tube might be back in working condition could explain my happy, albeit brief second pregnancy.

However, my uterus did not look like a normal uterus at all (which could also explain my happy, albeit brief second pregnancy, among other things of course). Just two weeks ago, Dr. Soothing was reassuring me that my uterus looked normal during the hysteroscopy in September. Apparently, that's not the case anymore. The attending RE didn't really want to hypothesize what happened but admitted that new adhesions could explain the less than desirable uterine picture.

Overall, I am trying to see the good in this finding (must be the happy pills talking here). I might not need elaborate surgery to open the tubes, but I might need another hysteroscopy to deal with the new (?) adhesions.

fun stuff, isn't it?

5 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger Jbeeky said...

I am glad there is at least news, nothing is worse than nothing. Good for you for seeing the bright side!

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I find "normal" to be highly over-rated.
Hurray for the tubes and hopefully the rest is soon to follow.
DinoD

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger DD said...

Can adhesions grow that fast or are they guessing that they may have been missed?

Either way I gues that kind of sucks.

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jxJust found your web site and read your history. I am sorry for your struggle. I can relate as I also have endo, crappy tubes and secondary IF. Have you heard of Dr. Attila Toth? He believes that there is a strong connection between infertility/mc and undetected infection. You can read both of his books on his web site at www.fertilitysolution.com. I just had to mention this to you, because your history sounds like so many of his patients. I wish you the best and hope that you will have a healthy baby in 2008.

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kati, how very puzzling... I am glad that your tubes are open, but concerned about possible new adhesions. Let's hope they are easily taken care of. XO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home