Decorative Plumbing

-- it has to have some purpose, right?

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Still here

I was just checking my own blog and realized it's been a while; a while, but nothing (in)fertilitywise has happened (to me that is) in the meantime. And it may never again happen. Or it might. Who knows.

It's been almost four years of trying. ART hasn't exactly helped me, and I am feeling like I should just let it go. The last year has given me a couple of little pregnancies, which I treasure. In terms of moving on, however, they haven't helped me one bit. They somehow gave me the illusion that, indeed, I could get pregnant. But it isn't so now, is it?

I found the picture of my four lost embryos (IVF #2) last weekend. I was happy to find them, they were missing from my little white memory box. Now, that I put the picture in the box, the box feels strangely complete. Nothing more to add.

I still cry "WHY" out into the night. Having kids was always very important to me; infertility has truly hurt me deeper than most people can fathom. And I can well imagine that the loss of fertility at an age when most women do not have to worry about it yet (34) will haunt me and sadden me for many years to come. Of course, that doesn't mean, I won't be doing fine. I will. But, as I said, it's been a very deep and painful loss.

Gosh, I didn't want to get all teary here. I am just sorta reaching the point where it seems more difficult to continue with ART (whatever little options there are left for me anyway) than leave it.

On to a happy note: I may be going to turn 38 this year, but I still pass the pencil test just fine!

3 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger DD said...

Oh, sure, rub in the pencil test would you.

It takes grace and bravery to look into the face of infertility and know without a doubt you gave it what you dared to.

I kept most of my pictures and ultrasounds, but a few were tossed in anger, which I regret.

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kati
I keep coming back here hoping I'll have something wise (or at least witty) to offer but it just isn't happening.
You know that I understand completely but I also can't say anything more as I know exactly how lucky I was to have my daughter. If I could I would grant you the same type of near miraculous outcome but then I wouldn't be simple DinoD if I had that type of power.
I do think about you often - has all the sun lately helped at all? (the dismal spring affected all of us fairly badly I think).
DinoD

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Jbeeky said...

It is truly a life long sorrow. I think it will always be an itch you will have to life without scratching. But at least you know you have us fellow itchies to keep you company. I feel you, sister.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home