Decorative Plumbing

-- it has to have some purpose, right?

Monday, April 28, 2008

Weather induced ramblings

We had about 2 days of sunshine this April. 2 lonely days. We had about 4 snow days. Twice as many. That's just not right. Needless to say I am SO sick of the cold and the gray skies. Guess, there is only one thing I can do: increase my carbon footprint!

Other news? Nah, nada over here. I made a beautiful diaper bag for baby Lucky (and enjoyed doing it), but that's about it. Other than that I decided (for the thousandths time or so) to get my act together and get back into the paid work force. Making diaper bags isn't that profitable, but at least I have a skill now. So, now I have something to contribute to all those school auctions that I envision in my near future.

I have always wanted to learn how to sew, but I never really had the time to do it. Until the last two years that I worked as a professional infertility patient. In between doctors/acupuncture/therapy/massage/etc. appointments, there actually was the odd hour of leisure time. And you know what? It was good for me. It gives me satisfaction to see something growing under my hands. Looking at my dissertation gives me some satisfaction, too, but getting there was brutal. And it took far too long.

But it would be great to earn some money, too. So, it's up to me to take some actions.

3 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Ugh, the weather sounds miserable. May can only be better.

I would love to see the diaper bag that you made! I love to do sewing/crocheting-type crafty projects and need to make more time for them. I feel the same way you do--the disseration was nice but painful to earn, while a craft project is simply nice and satisfying. It's important to have some of that.

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it's gray and rainy here today again. Saturday was nice ...
Sometimes I wonder about the whole living on the wet coast thing.
DinoD

Ahem, I have blown your word verification twice now and this next one has me stumped as well - what's up with that?

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Hep20 pushfit said...

gh, the weather sounds miserable. May can only be better.

I would love to see the diaper bag that you made! I love to do sewing/crocheting-type crafty projects and need to make more time for them. I feel the same way you do--the disseration was nice but painful to earn, while a craft project is simply nice and satisfying. It's important to have some of that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home