Decorative Plumbing

-- it has to have some purpose, right?

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Yesterday

1) The diaper bag: Here it is, in all its glory! Thanks for asking, Erin!
As I mentioned before, the diaper bag is for Baby Lucky. But who is Baby Lucky??? Well, that's Miss V's cousin whose due date is in June, close to the one of my own unlucky offspring.





...and this one is the baby outfit I sewed as well:



2) things that made me laugh yesterday: "Bomb her womb with your huge cannon" (a spam email sent to Mr. H)...

3) things that made me sad/furious/speechless yesterday: that (austria*n) father. The one who kept his daughter (and some of their respective offsprings) locked up in the basement for a quarter century. I have no words for this.

2 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I love it--it's really nice! Did you use a pattern?

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Wow, that is amazing. Just beautiful.

I'm sorry I have missed these many months of your journey. Back when you decided to stop blogging, I remember sending you an email and we chatted back and forth a bit, but I took you out of my bloglines list for updates. Therefore, I didn't see the subsequent posts.

I'm a thousand times more sorry for the baby you lost in November. My heart truly does ache for you. In trying to catch up and read your posts since then, I completely understand what you mean about Miss V being your light and one of the only things keeping you going at times. My daughter was the same for me during all the IUIs, IVFs, failures and miscarriages. It certainly didn't take away the burning desire for another child, but it was nice to have a distraction and a lollipop sticky hug now and then.

I appreciate that you were still checking on me, and that you even left a comment. I admire that you've got the strength and grace to still be able to read about it. After my miscarriages, I only continued to follow pregnancy blogs to see if I could find some company in my misery and unlucky tragedy. I know that's a horribly ugly thing to say, but it's the truth.

I will start checking on you regularly again, and will have my fingers perpetually crossed for you. I hope that you make it through the birth of all of these babies (Miss V's cousins) intact, it will surely be rough. I'll be thinking about you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home