Decorative Plumbing

-- it has to have some purpose, right?

Friday, April 13, 2007

I think I might just cry a little tonight

While on the way to see my OB/GYN to get another beta draw (and to talk about my HSG results with her), I came across a billboard with a happy baby picture that said something like this "embryos are just tiny babies." Had I read the entire message, I would have not only killed my embryo, but also myself, so I am not entirely sure what the billboard was really all about.

BUT, regardless. A message like that is not helping anybody. Not the women who go through pregnancy losses, not the women who go through (multiple) IVF treatments, and not the women who, for whatever, reason chose not to continue a pregnancy. All it accomplishes (in my mind) is to make the first two groups sadder and the second one more guilty (and quiet possibly sadder as well).

Also, I think I am going to cry a little bit tonight for my lost embryo. I haven't started bleeding yet, but I sense it's just around the corner. I am really okay, and I don't feel like I'm lying when I answer random requests in regard to my well-being with a firm "fine", but, I am also a litte sad. Who wouldn't though, right?

I also knew this was coming at some point, in fact, I think it was overdue: Miss V. wants a baby (sister) in my tummy. And all because her hero "Angelina, Ballerina" got a little sister. Miss V mentioned her wish a couple of times this week. Surprisingly, it hurt a whole lot less than I imagined it would (particularly given that I was "pregnant, not expecting" (->DinoD, by the way how are you???). This just in: the number is down to 10). I just told her that sometimes babies come and sometimes they don't. We just have to wait and see.

So, now I just need my period, so that we can go on with the scheduled show.

Have a good weekend, you all!

4 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could you not be a little sad (or even a lot sad)? And crying is so much better than trashing the house, right? Why oh why are we so well adjusted?
My son was always told that sometimes having a baby "doesn't work" but he's older this time and keep asking such pointed questions that now he knows the "baby might die" which is harder for me to take but it still seems too nebulous for him to really grasp. You are allowed to cry but if I can hear the wailing from up here, I'll start to worry so not too loud, okay?
DinoD

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't think I can comment on that billboard without shrieking, so I'll just leave it at that.

Cry as much as you need, Kati. Sadness is your right at this time. And I love what you told Miss V. - hope you don't mind if I use the same with my little guy.

 
At 2:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kati, of course you're sad. I'm sad for you too. And billboards like that don't help at all. WTF?

A big hug, my dear.

 
At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. Sending hugs...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home