Decorative Plumbing

-- it has to have some purpose, right?

Monday, July 28, 2008

Painting

After my miscarriage last November, I started painting our house. I painted and painted and painted some more. I accomplished so much all by myself that some people actually started to worry about me a bit. But there was something soothing in rolling on thick, smooth paint. It felt so therapeutic to me. I don't have control over my body, but at least I can control how our walls look like (and ceilings, but I don't like painting ceilings...).

Around the same time, I began reading house improvement/renovation blogs and stopped one by one reading infertility blogs. Most of them already had or expected babies and the few still struggling stopped blogging; understandably so. All the babies of *my* pregnancy cohort are born safely by now. I cheered for each and everyone of you. It's a bit bittersweet though to be left on infertility island.

The place I stayed at temporarily - or so I thought- on this island looks more and more like a permanent dwelling. And if this is my permanent dwelling, shouldn't it be as nice as possible? I think so. And so I will go on and try to make the best of this place that I find myself in.

Right now I am painting my fence. And it feels good.

9 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But then you must be good at picking out colours. I suck at it - I have tried 8 different colours on our house and I think I finally have 3 I can live with but I'm still worried I'll hate them when the whole house is done.
Paint on.
DinoD

 
At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kati, that sounds like a very healing thing to do. It's amazing how much improving one's outer surroundings can help inside. Good luck and much energy for the rest!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Jbeeky said...

This is a great post because it really sums up what alot of us feel. How did we end up staying here? Such a great way to look at it.

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kati
I hope things are going well for you. You must have all things painted by now?
DinoD

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kati-
My body is a mess too! Sever endometrosis, ANA and ANC anti bodies that fight off any potential embryos, PCOS and who know what else.
I am sorry for your loss. Infertility just absolutely sucks.

I am connecting with people who may be interested in my new non-profit
http://www.parenthoodforme.org/

Our mission is to provide financial and emotional support to those having families through medical intervention and adoption.
From the site you can visit our blog. Take the poll and pass the link on.

Thank you and good luck to you,
Erica Schlaefer

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Jbeeky said...

Pictures my girl, pictures! I love that you did something so great with all that pent up energy. Great therapy!

 
At 4:07 AM, Anonymous Manish said...

This is very useful services provider for home improvement, this have stock of different colors, fist delivery services like whywait.com.au

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous plumbing said...

If you are installing tanks and fitting pipes to them be sure to cover the ends of the pipes with tape to stop pieces of plastic and swarf from dropping down them, the bits and pieces will block taps later on and cause all kinds of problems.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Maureen Grace said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home