Decorative Plumbing

-- it has to have some purpose, right?

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Pretty good

....those were the words my RE used to describe what he saw on the ultrasound of MY uterus today! Rarely have I heard the word "good" in conjunction with my female plumbing at his office. It felt great. Of course, "good" is only relative; meaning it's (pretty) good for me, not necessarily good for the average fertile woman.

My uterine lining at CD 11 measured something over 8mm. For me, that's as good as it gets. Remember the ill-fated IVF #2? On trigger day (10 days of heavy-duty stims, so heavy duty I am embarrased to tell you how much Follistim I wasted) my lining measured a measly 6.something mm. So 8mm sounds rather cushy, wouldn't you agree? Apparently, I also have two follicles growing, one on the right and one on the left (one measured around 15mm, the other I am not sure). Remember the ill-fated IVF #2? Not only was my lining pretty shitty, my left ovary also couldn't be bothered to produce any follicles. Not a single one, despite the heavy duty FSH offerings. I was sorta under the impression it had retired. But, no! It still does business with me once in a while. And just imagine: if I were to spit out two follicles in a "natural" cycle (not saying I will), I got half my IVF harvest right there.

So, I was pleasantly surprised today. Not only was my lining actually better than during my last (expensive) IVF cycle, but both of my ovaries had some action going on. Priceless. And so much cheaper than IVF...

3 Comments:

At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kati, this is so good to hear! How lovely that your body is cooperating so nicely. Long may it continue!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Excellent, that sounds wonderful! I don't know that my lining has ever been about 6. I feel like it might have been 7 once, but maybe I'm just imagining that. Glad to hear that your uterus is cooperating so well!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Congratulations on your overachieving lining and on your ovaries that seem to be playing along as well.

Good luck with this upcoming cycle, I'll have my fingers crossed for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home